Yelp’s recent local economic report reveals a significant increase in searches over the past year for diverse businesses in the United States.
Diverse businesses are defined by Yelp as women-owned, Black-owned, Latinx-owned, or Asian-owned establishments. Yelp allows businesses to add these attributes to their establishment so that customers searching for these businesses can easily identify them. Steps on how to add these attributes to your yoga studio Yelp page are below.
Yelp’s latest report aims to explain and measure the impact the pandemic has had on customer behavior and interest in different businesses (including your yoga business. Over the past year (February 2020 – February 2021), searches for diverse businesses have grown by 2930% according to Yelp’s economic report. More specifically:
- Searches on Yelp for women-owned businesses have increased by 264%
- Searches on Yelp for Latinx-owned businesses have increased by 4077%
- Searches on Yelp Black-owned businesses have increased by 3085%
- Searches on Yelp Asian-owned businesses have increased by 130%
Along with this report, Yelp has introduced an “Asian-owned” attribute to go along with its already available attributes for women, Latinx, and Black-owned businesses. To add one of these diversity attributes to your yoga studio Yelp page do the following steps:
- Log in to your Yelp for Business
- Go to Amenities and click Add or Edit
- Select Yes next to the relevant attributes
- Click Save Changes and you’re done!